As usual, I want the party favors personalized without spending a fortune. One reason to DIY!
While my favors seem like a lot of work, I actually had fun making them. Don't be intimidated with my million steps on how to. I just want to be elaborate as much as possible...
Here are the items I used to make my Mason Jars with Graduation Caps:
- 8oz mason jars, two dozen (from Target)
- 1 black poster board (from Target)
- liquid glue (from my daughter's drawer)
- Rattail string (from my lei supplies box)
- Full page label
- Hole/Circle craft puncher
- Filler (I use Hersheys chocolate & macadamia nut kisses)
1. I made my tassels. Making the tassels was the most time-consuming part, and
that's why I did them first. You may also buy the ready-made tassels and skip this step.
(I found some, but wrong color, plus I'm not willing to pay $2 per tassel...)
(it just happened that I have one handy) You may use any shape label you wish.
As requested, here are my printable templates for my labels :)
I filled the jars with regular chocolate & macadamia nut kisses. Why macadamia nut kisses?
Because it's so goooooood with blue wrappers, which will go nice with my blue tassels.
MEET MY GRADUATION MINIONS!